Château du Piras is located in the village of Capian, on the right bank of the Garonne, in the heart of the Appellation contrôlée of Premières Côtes de Bordeaux.
For the history, we quote from the Féret guide to Bordeaux wines:
"The domain, whose wine vocation dates back to the Gallo-Roman period, belonged to the Knights Templar in the Middle Ages. In 1710, a branch of the Fresquet family, linked to the La Chèze’s, advisors to the King and barons of Capian, settled in the abode of Piras, on the West side of the hill with the same name appearing on the map of Belleyme at the end of the XIIIe.
"In 1880, Eugène Fabars, and his son-in-law the Count Jean Charles de Langsdorff acquired the domain to join it with the lands of Grand Mouëys. In the XIXe century, the estate, thus enlarged, was afterwards sold by public auction and fell into the hands of wine merchants from Bordeaux, the Grenouilleau family.”
In 1989, the Bömers family, German importers of fine wines since 1831 (company Reidemeister & Ulrichs in Bremen) became owner of the domain Les Trois Collines which includes the Château du Piras and the Château du Grand Mouëys. The domain covers 170 hectares. The vineyard covers 80 hectares. The wines are sold exclusively through “Caves des Grands Vins Français” (CAVIF).
Closely linked to Bordeaux tradition and French viticulture for five generations, the Bömers family has set itself ambitious goals. The cuverie and the chai storehouse have been restored and modern techniques applied to the vineyard. A demanding but necessary project when one’s passion is to make great Bordeaux.