9 Ratings
Allegrini La Poja Veronese I.G.T.

Wine Details









Wine Description

(2003 Vintage) Intensives Rubinrot, in der Nase Duft nach wilder Brombeere und Gewürzen, am Gaumen erstaunlich krperreich mit voller Frucht, samtiger Geschmack, groe Struktur und Komplexität, überragende Eleganz.

Expert Reviews
Read all 3 expert reviews
  • Robert Parker
    (2007 Vintage) Rating: 91/100 - As reviewed by Robert Parker on 02/10/2012
  • Wine Spectator
    (1997 Vintage) "Gorgeous licorice, berry, smoke, dried herbs, cherry and mineral aromas. Full-bodied, with chewy yet very fine tannins. Long-lasting on the palate. Amazing quality for this wine. Greatest wine the Allegrinis have ever made. Best after 2003. 1,500 cases made. "
  • Wine & Spirits
    (2005 Vintage) The Allegrini family has been in agriculture since before the 16th century. Palazzo della Torre is one of their most beautiful estates in all of Valpolicella. The grapes grown here reach their full potential with little disturbance. The Palazzo della Torre is a blend of Corvina Veronese, Rondinella and Sangiovese. It is a smooth, full-bodied wine that is made in an interesting ripasso stylehellip; 75% of the grapes are vinified normally while the other 25% is set aside to dry out until December. Then the two are reintroduced and fermented together, creating a gorgeous, deep ruby red wine with a berry and distinct raisin perfume. Upon mouth entry, it is bursting at the seams with intense cherry, plums and raisins. It pairs beautifully with smoked pork, portobello mushroom risotto or a mixed grill. This wine can be drunk now or aged for the next 10 years. I just couldnrsquo;t wait that long!