2006 Chateau St. Jean Fume Blanc
This Fumé Blanc is Sauvignon Blanc blended with a small amount of Semillon and Viognier. The components remained separate throughout the winemaking process and were blended together to add complexity to the final wine. The majority of the wine (74%) was tank fermented to retain the forward fruit flavors. The remaining 26% of the blend was barrel fermented in a combination of French (16%) and American oak (10%) and aged sur lie. "Crisp and refreshing, this Fumé Blanc offers fragrant aromas of gre...